The Tyques ‘Sci-toon’ Contest
The Tyques ‘Sci-toon’ Contest
ON DEMAND FROM PARTICIPANTS DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JANUARY 23, 2017.
Students in Class VI to X are invited to participate in a fun competition & win fabulous prizes
Time to air your special talent and set the ball rolling for the fun and cool Tyques. Stop only when you must!
Various prizes to be won.
Prizes on offer
- First prize: Rs 5,000/-
- Second prize: Rs 2,000/-
- Follow-up prizes: Rs 500/- each. There will be three of these
The winners will also get a special gift hamper, courtesy Scholastic India.
- The top 10 winners will get an opportunity to contribute to The Tyques website through the year on specified topics
Last date for submission: October 10, 2016
COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY & RULES
1) The participant should be an Indian citizen
2) S/he should be above the age of ten years and up to 16 years i.e. S/he must be in a student of Class VI to Class X of a registered school
3) Following the instructions, the student will need to upload a piece of work. To ensure the integrity and fairness of the competition, the student must get the submission vetted by the school authorities—principal or identified subject teacher
5) The competition fee, if applicable, must be fully paid for the submission to be considered valid. The fees is non refundable
6) An eminent jury hand-picked from the academic circles will assess the competition entries. The winners will be decided and announced within a fortnight of the closing date. The decision of the jury will be final and will not be contested in any fashion
7) The winning entries entries can be used by the management for publication or promotional purposes. By participating in the competition the student agrees to abide by these rules of the competition
So go ahead and try your luck and test your creative juices against the best in the country in a truly national competition. Register and login on The Tyques website to access the dashboard and participate in the competition.
TOPICS, RULES & RUBRICS
Category 1 – Class VI –VIII
Category 2 – Class IX – Class X
Please compose a one page comic strip of SIX PANELS of coloured drawings on any topic from the science subjects
- Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Entries should be in English, Hindi or a mix of the two
- All panels in the comic strip should be complete and must have an appropriate cause-and-effect relationship of a scientific principle
- Grammatical errors will affect assessment
- The picture of the cartoon strip should be uploaded in the JPEG/PNG or appropriate format. The jury could seek the original drawings from the winners
- The page size being considered is A4
- It should not resemble any published work. All entries will be strictly checked and if any resemblance is found the entry will be disqualified
The entries will be judged on
- Visual sense
- Creativity coupled with organisation of the idea
Ramendra Nath Sarkar: Ramenda as he is popularly known has long years as a hardcore marketing, sales and advertising professional. He worked for 25 years with Lowe Lintas. He was the Creative Director with the ad agency. Subsequently, he spent another five years with the India Today Group as Creative Consultant. Last six years he has been teaching postgraduate and Ph.D students. Illustrations have been an interesting but regular distraction over the last three decades for Ramenda.
Aditi Batra: Aditi is an Associate Editor at Scholastic India, the leading publisher of children’s literature in India. Previously, she worked with Dorling Kindersley India. In her vast publishing experience, she has worked on biographies, quiz books, Hindi retellings, middle-grade fiction, Young Adult, non-fiction, and illustrated reference books on food and drink, craft, pregnancy and gardening. When not immersed in the world of books, she enjoys baking and writing fiction.
Aditi Datta: Aditi has been associated with teaching science for around three decades. After spending nearly two decades teaching at the college level, Aditi now devotes her time to teaching school children. Aditi’s work has taken her across different school boards. She has also trained in counselling and life-skills.
To get any further details of the competition please do get in touch with at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tyques, (C) 2014, MHNcom. www.thetyques.com